MEDIATION SALON: International mediation – new succession law in the EU
April 18, 2019 (10.00-13.00)
District Court in Warsaw (Poland), Al. Solidarności 127.
Inheritance conflicts with international elements constitute a new area of mediation specialization.
The conference is an opportunity to become acquainted with the Regulation 650/2012, which in the face of intra-EU migration regulates inheritance / succession proceedings against EU citizens living outside the country of citizenship.
• Analysis of Regulation 650/2012
• Impact of the Regulation on legal and mediation practices and presenting of recommendations from the analysis of report on research in six EU countries – FOMENTO project
• Elements of differences in inheritance law in EU countries in the context of the Regulation 650/2012
• Practical aspects of international cooperation from a legal perspective
• Pre-inheritance mediation
• Mediation in succession cases – cooperation
Leading: Anna Wysocka-Bar, PhD and researcher working at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Jagiellonian University, specializes in international inheritance law. Author of publications on international inheritance and family law; Kamila Zagórska, attorney with over 18 years of experience in family cross-border cases, participant of negotiation groups of EU regulations on cross-border family proceedings and legislative work of national laws.
Agnieszka Olszewska, mediator and trainer, specializes in family and multicultural / cross-border mediation, conducts trainings in this field across the Europe; Robert Boch, mediator, consultant and trainer, working in multicultural environments since the late 90s.