Leipzig 2019: European Conference on Mediation in Cross-Border Succession Conflicts
26 June 2019, Leipzig (Germany)
The European Conference on Mediation in Cross-Border Succession Conflicts, as part of the EU-funded project Fomento, invites mediators, legal practitioners, researchers, policymakers and citizens who are interested in succession mediation and cross-border mediation.
The conference, under the patronage of the Saxon State Minister of Justice Sebastian Gemkow, is supposed to provide an opportunity to inform, train and discuss the topic of inheritance mediation and cross-border mediation as well as the consequences of the EU Succession Regulation. A manifold program with workshops and lectures with speakers from Germany, Italy, Poland, Sweden and Austria awaits you.
The EU-funded project FOMENTO (Fostering Mediation for cross-border civil and succession matters) supports a wider use of mediation in dealing with inheritance conflicts. In addition, it aims to foster networking between mediators across national borders and to strengthen cross-border mediation.
For detailed agenda of the conference and registration please click HERE
We look forward to your participation and a lively exchange!
- 09:00 – 10:00 Registration (Hotel Michaelis)
- 10:00 – 10:45 Opening – Presentation of FOMENTO project
- 10:45 – 12:00 Speeches (With Dr. Paolo Pasqualis, former President of Notaries of Europe 2016)
- 12:30 – 14:00 Lunch
- 13:30 – 17:00 „Prä-testamentarische Mediation“ with Ulrich Wanderer (AT) [German]
- 13:30 – 17:00 „First experiences in the cross-border use of the European Certificate of Succession“ with Paolo Pasqualis (IT) [English]
- 13:30 – 15:00 „Engaging disagreement and managing conflict in probate dynamics“ with MariaClaudia Perego (IT) [English]
- 13:30 – 15:00 „Online Mediation, Secure Platforms, and Blockchain Based Technology“ with Prof. Luca Dal Pubel (IT) [English]
- 13:30 – 15:00 „A bi-cultural approach for Mediation“ with Nicola Giudice (IT) [English]
- 13:30 – 15:00 „Learn from the neuroscience to deal with cross-border disputes“ with Maurizio Di Rocco (IT) [English]
- 13:30 – 15:00 „Elder Mediation“ with Victoria Riedel (GER) [English OR German]
- 15:30 – 17:00 „Co-Mediation in cross-border disputes“ with Gert Nilsson Eldrimner (SWE) [English]
- 15:30 – 17:00 „Online Mediation“ with Bernhard Böhm (GER) [German]
- 15:30 – 17:00 „Mediation and claims on the grounds of legitime“ with Dr. Barbara Jadwiga Pawlak (POL) [English]
- 15:30 – 17:00 „Umgang mit kulturellen Stereotypen in Verhandlungen“ with PD Dr. Gernot Barth (GER) [German]
- from 17:00 Get together
Hotel Michaelis, Paul-Gruner-Str. 44 | 04107 Leipzig
Steinbeis Beratungszentrum Wirtschaftsmediation, Hohe Straße 11 | 04107 Leipzig.